Here in Minnesota, the early flowers are blooming and tree buds are swelling. Spring is in the air, and that means outdoor art festival season is just weeks away! This year's art fair schedule is gearing up to be very similar to last year's, with a couple of differences. Most notably, I will be returning this year to the Old Capitol Art Fair in Springfield, Illinois, which is less than a month away. Here's the full schedule through the end of August (sans July 1, which is pending):
- May 20-21 - Old Capitol Art Fair - Springfield, IL
- June 2-4 - Edina Art Fair - 50th & France, Edina, MN
- June 10-11 - Art on the Lake - Excelsior Commons on Lake Minnetonka, Excelsior, MN
- June 22 - Lemonade Concert & Art Fair - Campus of St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN
- June 24-25 - Park Point Art Fair - End of Park Point, Duluth, MN
- July 1 - TBD
- July 8-9 - Grand Marais Arts Festival - Grand Marais, MN
- July 13-15 - Downtown Fargo Street Fair - Fargo, ND
- July 29-30 - Alexandria Art in the Park - Alexandria City Park, Alexandria, MN
- August 4-6 - Uptown Art Fair - Hennepin Avenue and The Mall, Minneapolis, MN
- August 12 - Northwoods Art Festival - Hackensack, MN
I hope you have a chance to visit and see my latest work! Events in September and beyond will be announced later this spring and summer. My schedule is always available at www.northshoreimages.com/Schedule/.
This is possibly one of most beautiful waterfalls I have had the chance to experience and photograph! Its "fan" shape and setting deep within a lush, mossy gorge make this falls truly spectacular and refreshing! There is a viewing platform that overlooks the falls from above, but reaching this vantage point at the base of the falls required scrambling down a steep slope.
This image is not "quite" finished yet (I'm still tweaking a few details), but I anticipate it will be available when art fair season begins!